See the wonders of Japan through a variety of different videos.
Sightseeing, How to, Shopping, and other experiences in Japan. 801 Videos
Published on 06.28.2016
Miyagi island is a home of unspoiled beaches in Okinawa, Japan. It is one of 150 islands around Okinawa and located between Henza and Ikei islands. The island is easily reached through a connecting road bridge from the main island of Okinawa to Henza Island or a road bridge from Ikei island in the north.
The island is 100 meters high and nestled between 75-foot cliffs. It has four villages such as Uehara, Miyagi, Tobaru, and Ikemi. The mountainous island is filled with tourist spots and the most popular is the Tonnaha Beach. It has a pristine turquoise water which beach bummers will definitely in love with the place.
The hidden beach remains untouched which show it's natural beauty. No hotels or any accommodations available to stay in the area so you need to setup a tent. There are no sports activities available so the only thing you can do is to walk in the beach while hearing the sounds of the ocean. There are also no lighting available so it would be best to build a campfire at night.
The Miyagi island gives you the chance to escape the noise of Okinawa. The scenery has much more lush greenery and mostly farm fields of sugar cane, where visitors toil under the sun. Visitors can also unwind in the clear aqua green water along with green covered outcroppings of huge rocks add to the scenery.
Travel Tips for you:
There are more tourist spots you can roam around the island:
• You can go to Sinugu Do Cliff which is located on the east side of the island.
• You can setup and have a picnic with friends in the small park right across the sugar cane fields.
• There are many natural springs all over the island. The most popular of them is Yan Spring. Yan Spring will awe you for the tranquillity and serenity of the place. The spring water is pouring right under the rocks with green moss. The dragon flies skirted in the water flying all around the spring which made it very peaceful.
• You can also found a Okinawan Salt Factory which is located near the beach. The factory has a restaurant with great views. The owner allows you to tour around their factory for free. It also has a gift shop where you can buy stuff which you can bring at home.
• There is also a hidden sunflower field which you shouldn't miss during your tour in the island.
How to go there?
There are usually flights being offered like JAL, ANA, Skymark, Vanilla Air, Jetstar Japan and Peach which operates between Tokyo (Haneda and Narita Airports) and Naha Airport. Flight duration is actually 2.5 hours. The regular one way fare by JAL and ANA is around 48,000 yen while their discount tickets are typically between 21,000 and 37,000 yen. Air passes can cost around 10,000 yen too. One way fares by the discount airlines Skymark, Vanilla Air, Jetstar Japan and Peach are typically between 5,000 and 29,000 yen.
You can also ride a ferry to go to Okinawa but Ferry operation between Tokyo and Naha has ceased operation for passengers and is now a cargo-only ferry.
Due to poor public transportation in Okinawa, a rental car is the recommended vehicle of getting around Okinawa Honto, especially when accessing sights outside of central Naha. Rental car outlets can be found at Naha Airport and in major cities as well.
To get from Naha to northern Okinawa, take the Okinawa Expressway, which extends from Naha to the northern city of Nago which is about 1000 yen one way.
Music: Jason Farnham - Microchip (Youtube Audio Library)
Source: Japan Travel